Forum

Author Topic: Images Without EXIF or *.log file  (Read 2822 times)

Paulo Martinho - GIS

• View Profile
Images Without EXIF or *.log file
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
Hi,
I hope all the best for you.
I´m trying to process images from Ricopter (With to cameras - Angular position 45 deg) but the images doesn´t have the EXIF information and the copter itself doesn´t produce any *.log file.
I´ve attached some prints to elucidate my situation.

1 - My doubt is: there´s any software that can give me the EXIF file of those images?
2 - I´m processing the image without the EXIF file,I did the Align and I´d like to mark my control points but isn´t possible. What can I do?
3 - There´s another way to do this?

Can you please help me with this issue?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Images Without EXIF or *.log file
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »
Hello Paulo,

You can aligned non-geotagged images using Generic preselection option. In order to import the reference information for the markers then you can try to locate and place manually at least 2-3 projections for 3-4 markers that do not lay on the same line, then load coordinate information from the file for all markers and allow to create new marker instances.
After the coordinates are loaded press Update button on the Reference pane toolbar - it will perform the geoereferencing based on the placed markers and you should be able to locate and adjust positions of other markers after that.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo Martinho - GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
Thanks, I´ll do it.

While I was searching I read this (Extracted from: Agisoft photoscan pro_1_4_en):

"In the Reference preselection mode the overlapping pairs of photos are selected based on the
measured camera locations (if present). For oblique imagery it is necessary to set Ground altitude
value (average ground height in the same coordinate system which is set for camera coordinates data)
in the Settings dialog of the Reference pane to make the preselection procedure work efficiently.
Ground altitude information must be accompanied with yaw, pitch, roll data for cameras. Yaw, pitch,
roll data should be input in the Reference pane.

You can switch on both options to speed up the processing even more."

Can you explain me the bolded part please.
Thank you in advance.

Paulo Martinho - GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Hi Alexey Pasumansky!
Thanks for all...
Hello Paulo,

You can aligned non-geotagged images using Generic preselection option. In order to import the reference information for the markers then you can try to locate and place manually at least 2-3 projections for 3-4 markers that do not lay on the same line, then load coordinate information from the file for all markers and allow to create new marker instances.
After the coordinates are loaded press Update button on the Reference pane toolbar - it will perform the geoereferencing based on the placed markers and you should be able to locate and adjust positions of other markers after that.

About the process: I tried to do that but is not possible to mark any GCP in the images because it doesn´t load.
The software only shows this notification:" loading thumbnail.."
I do no what to do. Can you help me please.
Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:45:38 PM by Paulo Martinho - GIS »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
Thanks, I´ll do it.

While I was searching I read this (Extracted from: Agisoft photoscan pro_1_4_en):

"In the Reference preselection mode the overlapping pairs of photos are selected based on the
measured camera locations (if present). For oblique imagery it is necessary to set Ground altitude
value (average ground height in the same coordinate system which is set for camera coordinates data)
in the Settings dialog of the Reference pane to make the preselection procedure work efficiently.
Ground altitude information must be accompanied with yaw, pitch, roll data for cameras. Yaw, pitch,
roll data should be input in the Reference pane.

You can switch on both options to speed up the processing even more."

Can you explain me the bolded part please.
Thank you in advance.

The Ground Altitude parameter in the Reference pane settings dialog has meaning if you have complete exterior orientation information for the cameras: XYZ coordinates and orientation angles loaded to the Reference pane. In this case PhotoScan will use the Reference data and ground altitude value for the Reference preselection even for oblique images.

If you do not have orientation angles for cameras or no information at all is present, then Ground Altitude parameter will be ignored and would not help you anyhow.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
About the process: I tried to do that but is not possible to mark any GCP in the images because it doesn´t load.
The software only shows this notification:" loading thumbnail.."
I do no what to do. Can you help me please.
Thanks in advance...

Which version of PhotoScan you are using, what is the graphic card model mentioned in the Console pane as OpenGL rendering device and what is the driver version?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo Martinho - GIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
Hi Alexey,
Find the attachment please.
Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
Hello Paulo,

I can suggest to update NVIDIA driver version to the latest available on NVIDIA web-site. Then download and install PhotoScan 1.4.4 (also latest release version).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC