Forum

Author Topic: Texture misplacement  (Read 1078 times)

FredR

Texture misplacement
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »
Hello,
On my textured model (underground shaded, underground textured, aboveground), texture of the grass appears under the ground, whereas there is nothing in shaded view. "Build Texture" has added grass where there was none. Is it because the layer of ground is too thin ? Is there a way to tweak PS to not add texture under the ground ?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:22:39 AM by FredR »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Texture misplacement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
Hello FredR,

Do I understand it right: there are some polygons below the "ground level" that are textured? Does it still happen if you disable "hole filling" option in the Build Texture dialog?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FredR

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 07:03:15 AM »
Hello Alexey,
As you can see in the attachments, the first one shows the underground shaded (black), the second one shows the underground with texture (grass underground) and the third one shows above the ground. Building texture adds grass underground.
Disabling hole filling has no effect.
Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
Hello FredR,

I'm trying to understand, what is the problem. In the textured view when looking from below the ground in the textured mode you see the back-side of the single-sided surface. So you actually see the original texture, but from another side.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FredR

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »
Hello Alexey,

OK, I understand. Is there a way to show something else, like the black surface in the shaded view ?

Thank you!