Forum

Author Topic: How to get Points on darker area (but with enough information)  (Read 1154 times)

fcloss

• View Profile
How to get Points on darker area (but with enough information)
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:48:43 AM »
Hi,
I think I have tried too many different solutions for that, but still can't get PhotoScan to create points on the darker area of my photos, even when they have, in my opinion, enough information to track them. I have tested Masks, changed Brightness, Contrast, etc. Attached images of what I am saying, hopefully you can help me, this is a problem that makes hard to have an object scanned until its end.

Thanks in advance,
BR
Fernando

wizprod

• View Profile
    • Dronographica
Re: How to get Points on darker area (but with enough information)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
As I see it, it is not about dark areas, but about camera focus.
From your 2 examples it seems the points are placed where the images are sharpest (in the focus plane).
Try using higher aperture values or stack your images before they are loaded into Photoscan.

fcloss

• View Profile
Re: How to get Points on darker area (but with enough information)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 10:23:16 AM »
As I see it, it is not about dark areas, but about camera focus.
From your 2 examples it seems the points are placed where the images are sharpest (in the focus plane).
Try using higher aperture values or stack your images before they are loaded into Photoscan.

Thanks! It was really just simple shots made with the phone. I will make correct light tests next time, including stacking images what may solve possible darker areas.

Thanks wizprod !