Agisoft Metashape > General

Size mismatch on import masks

(1/1)

laurentiu:
Hell everyone.

I masked a big part of an 700 images set and concluded that I should balance the lightning in some images (it's a tall structure photographed in the morning and evening from a drone). After I balanced the colors and tones in Lightroom I exported all the images but now their sizes are mismatched in agisoft with the old project (and masks). I tried to export the masks and create a new project with the new images and import the masks. Again, size mismatch. The thing is that the differences between the images are several KB. I tried to avoid the altering the resolution of images but I guess changing the color information also changed their sizes (on disk not resolution).

If there is anything I can do to avoid the redoing the masking process ...

thanks.

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello laurentiu,

I assume that the problem could be related to the image rotation applied during the image correction in Lightroom, for example, if it is automatically applying the EXIF orientation tag and is rotating actual images. The "size mismatch" error is related to the image resolution, not to the image file size.

If you add new images to the new chunk and check the resolution of the images shown in the Tools Menu -> Camera Calibration dialog, does it give you the same proportions as the old chunk?

laurentiu:
Dear Alexey,

Thank you for your time and answer. I checked Camera Calibration for both image sets and indeed they are different! Old set (original) is 7360x4912 while the edited set is 7344x4901. I don't know why this happened. I will check if Lightroom changes resolution upon exporting. Is there a solution in Agisoft for this kind of problem?

Thank you.

laurentiu:
I have solved the problem by specifying in Lightroom export the exact resolution I wanted the images to be exported. That being their original resolution. I don't know why lightroom resized the images at export even if I had unchecked the tick for resize. Anyway, thanks Alexey, it didn't occur to me that the resolution might have been changed in the process. Works fine now.
Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version