Forum

Author Topic: macOS Mojave  (Read 5698 times)

macsurveyr

• View Profile
macOS Mojave
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:33:36 PM »
Is there any word on compatibility with the just released macOS Mojave?

I have to upgrade for several reasons but can put it off for a bit if PhotoScan has issues.

Tom

Gramandol

• View Profile
Re: macOS Mojave
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:14 AM »
I just knew it was this. If anyone has a question I can answer it. Maybe I will know some things.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »
We haven't yet tested Mojave, but I don't think there should be problems, unless there are some GPU driver issues.

However, I hope that Mac OS X users prior to the OS upgrade would deactivate PhotoScan license first to avoid the loss of license information during the OS upgrade.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:02:15 AM »
Photoscan works perfectly in MacOS Mojave. Do not forget to deactivate Photoscan first and reactivate after!!!
Agisoft should consider client online license revoke via login. I never remember to deactivate the license and I almost always have to ask support to get a license revoke. Agisoft staff is always very kind in doing so. However this is a rather strange procedure. Imagine that most Applications used this procedure. We would spend a huge amount of time deactivating apps. We should be able to manage our own Photoscan licenses via a Agisoft portal login as other apps that use the same procedure do. Just an idea. Despite that, as usual in Photoscan with every system upgrade, everything works just fine in Mojave.

TheAntiTheo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »
Can anyone confirm GPU acceleration working in Mojave? While the program works fine for me, my nVidia GPU is no longer available or being used.

Thanks,
Chris

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 07:09:12 PM »
Hello Chris,

We will send to you special version of PhotoScan that utilized OpenCL instead of CUDA for NVIDIA graphic cards, as it seems that at the moment installation of CUDA drivers for Mac OS X does not solve the problem as usual.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

TheAntiTheo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »
I've had really great support from the Agisoft team today, if anyone else has the issue it looks like an update / solution is in progress...

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »
Hi Alexey

Can you send that version to me too? CUDA is not available for Mojave for now.
Best Regards

PS: Apple is deprecating OpenCL in favor of their own "Metal" framework. Most modern AMD's or Nvidias are compatible with it. Do you plan to support Metal in the future?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:16:03 PM by RHenriques »

TheAntiTheo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
Any news on Metal support? Or how the app behaves on Catalina?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 12:30:30 PM »
Any news on Metal support? Or how the app behaves on Catalina?

Hello TheAntiTheo,

The GPU-supported operations on Mac OS Cataline should work in a same way as on Mac OS Mojave. The only exception at the moment is the GPU-based texturing in 1.6.0 pre-release which is not yet supported on Mac OS X.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC