Forum

Author Topic: General Info and questions about processing  (Read 2261 times)

dovahkiin009087

• View Profile
General Info and questions about processing
« on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:07 AM »
Hello All!,

I'm looking to continue forward a Photo-scanning business. After spending a while researching I still have quite a few questions about Metashape. I'm going to put them in a list so maybe that'll make it easier.

1. Is there a full in depth walk-through of how to setup network processing on MacOS?
2. Does network processing use the GPU's, CPU's and RAM from all the PC's?
3. How expandable is Agisoft in terms of Cores, Threads, GPUs and RAM. Also leads into questions 2, can, for instance, i have a total of 2TB of RAM in use with about 2k 50.4MP photos at ultra high? How many GPUs? CPU cores and threads, etc.

I don't care about Windows at all, so please don't worry about explaining it with windows. I have a fairly deep knowledge in windows but i want to use it. I want to use MacOS because of other programs, stability, Thunderbolt 3 etc. I'm sure if i spent more time I could find out but I'd love to get some feedback from the community or developers.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: General Info and questions about processing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 02:04:38 PM »
Hello dovahkiin009087,

You can check the following instruction to get the general overview for network processing configuration:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000145918-how-to-configure-the-network-processing

The difference for Mac OS X is in starting commands used for the server/nodes and root paths, since they are OS specific. For example:
Code: [Select]
/Applications/MetashapePro.app/Contents/MacOS/MetashapePro --server --dispatch 192.168.0.10 --control 192.168.0.10
Code: [Select]
/Applications/MetashapePro.app/Contents/MacOS/MetashapePro --node --dispatch 192.168.0.10 --root "/Volumes/datasets/"
Each sub-job sent from the server to the certain node would involve the resources of the particular node only, which means that having, for example, 10 nodes with 8 GB RAM each would allow to pass the job that requires 80 GB from the single node.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC