Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft - Export DEM  (Read 6569 times)

caleiro

• View Profile
Agisoft - Export DEM
« on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
Hello. I'm having an issue after exporting DEM's in TIFF/GeoTIFF. In fact i don't need the geotiff to import to another program. I just want to open the picture. When i open, it appears a black image with white shapes. I'm only capturing view to save the DEM picture. Have anyone a clue about this export ? How do you export DEM's from Agisoft usually ?

Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft - Export DEM
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:44:58 PM »
Hello caleiro,

Which application you are using to open DEM and what output do you need actually?

GeoTIFF elevation format saves floating point values for each pixel which contains the elevation information. It is not an RGB image. If you need to get just colored picture for some demonstration purposes, then you should select Palette option in the Raster Transform section of the export DEM dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »
if you bring the TIFF/GeoTFF to ArcGIS or ERDAS, it should be able to show you there.

What software are you attempted to open it ?

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 02:17:24 AM »
BTW, I notice you attempt to open from Windows Explorer  ?

caleiro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:33:15 AM »
Good evening. First of all thank you for your answers.
Yes i've opened it with Windows Explorer. I've used ArcGis to open it and the problem remains. It is only for demonstration purposes Alexey. Now Probert, i can export a GeoTiff into ArcMap yes, but only the Orthomosaic ( with ETRS89 coordinate system ). Exporting a DEM with the same extension it just doesn't open.
I'll try that Palette option and see what i can get. I just wanted a jpeg, png or tiff (RGB) photo exportation.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »
Hello caleiro,

I suggest to use the Raster Transform -> Palette option in the Export DEM dialog to save only RGB picture of the elevation model without embed elevation information (like in GeoTIFF). JPG format doesn't support floating point information, so if you use this format without the raster transformation enabled during the export, you wouldn't get proper output.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

caleiro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 03:29:17 PM »
Alexey,  case [SOLVED]. It works with the pallete on export dem dialog. Thank you  :)