Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release  (Read 132636 times)

mala

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »
Can't believe the speed improvements in the new version guys !
Well done Alexey and the team!   8)

I have just tested with a set of photos from one of my LED dome prototype sessions (more than a year ago)   The whole build used to take 1hr 46 mins...now it takes 36 mins!!!

I use quite an old MacPro 3.2 8-core...and Agisoft PS doesn't seem to like my graphics card, So this new huge speed improvement is very welcome.

Also the new texturing blending seems amazing..what would normally take me a lot of work to fix in photoshop is now nearly perfect straight out of Photoscan.

Keep up the good work!!

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
Can't believe the speed improvements in the new version guys !
Well done Alexey and the team!   8)

I have just tested with a set of photos from one of my LED dome prototype sessions (more than a year ago)   The whole build used to take 1hr 46 mins...now it takes 36 mins!!!

I use quite an old MacPro 3.2 8-core...and Agisoft PS doesn't seem to like my graphics card, So this new huge speed improvement is very welcome.

Also the new texturing blending seems amazing..what would normally take me a lot of work to fix in photoshop is now nearly perfect straight out of Photoscan.

Keep up the good work!!

Yes indeedy! these guys have made some incredible improvements in this latest release and I have a feeling some more are on the way!  :)

eduardoestrada85

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:47 AM »
Great improves.... texture is the best!

RalfH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »
My first impressions after some testing are mostly positive: improved mosaic texture, improved model reconstruction for large flat areas. One thing I noticed is that occasionally my PC froze during processing even though memory usage was only approx. 50% (even the status update of the task manager was interrupted for a few minutes); that's something I hadn't noticed with PhotoScan after version 0.8.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
Something is wrong in this version. While trying to reconstruct a model from about 86 cameras, everything is normal with the point cloud generation. After that, while trying to reconstruct the model, no matter what parameters are used, a message with "Can't build model" appears. The same photographs were used without any problem in the previous version. Images are .CR2 files from a Canon. I'll try with other models in JPEG format to see if there's something connected to file format or to my machine.

koyko4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
Hello, I have been using the demo version for a while now, I want to purchase a standard license. Will I be able to recieve all the updates that Agisoft Guys provide for the standard software in the future? Thank you!

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »
After my previous message I did some tests and the "Cant't build model" problem seems to be linked to the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphical card. If I go to the OpenCl in the preferences and deactivate it, the model is built without problems. Later I'll copy the console text that appears after the failure.
Cheers

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »
Koyko, yes you get free updates.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 02:17:06 AM »
From my tests so far, I've noticed that the 3d models from aerial imagery tend to be worst (much more triangulated), in version 091 than in version 090 (images attached), using the same parameters. The calculation must be different because the final number of polygons is very low for the same "0" value in the number of desired polygons. It seems that, by default, Photoscan optimizes or decimates the model instead of produce the maximum possible number of polygons. How do we use the same functionality of the last version to produce the biggest amount of polygons?
By the contrary, orthophotos are a lot lot better in 091 that in 090. Sometimes this difference is impressive!!

Considering the "Can't build model error", these are the Graphical Card specifications:

OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT OpenGL Engine
OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.0.61
Maximum Texture Size: 8192
Quad Buffered Stereo: not enabled
ARB_vertex_buffer_object: supported
ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: supported
loaded project in 4.73794 sec
Using device: GeForce 9600M GT, 4 compute units, 512 MB global memory
  max work group size 512
  max work item sizes [512, 512, 64]
  max mem alloc size 128 MB

And this is the error:

stereo.cpp line 203: error CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE
Finished processing in 0.157732 sec (exit code 0)
>>>

PS: I've just tested a new run and, if I put 10 000 000 faces in the "Face count" option the same 9 plus million faces, as in the previous version, are generated. It would be great to get these biggest possible amount using "0" in this option, as in the previous version or something a little more intuitive. In the case of this model I knew the maximum amount of faces in advance but, in a new project, the only option will be using a very big number to avoid guessing....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:53:32 AM by RHenriques »

RalfH

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
RHenriques,

I had a similar problem and Alexey told me that since 0.9.0, the behaviour of PhotoScan with regards to the desired number of faces has been changed: "zero" doen't mean unlimited anymore, so if you don't want the model to be decimated you should put a very high number. Personally, I preferred using "zero" for unlimited as well...

Alexey: perhaps it would be possible to add a tick box where the user can choose "no decimation"?

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »
Hi RalfH

RalfH said "Alexey: perhaps it would be possible to add a tick box where the user can choose "no decimation"?"

I agree with RalfH. The suggested option for "No decimation" it's a better solution.
Other than this, and the "Can't build model" problem that I'm experiencing, this version is a very good and stable update, mainly concerning the calculation speed, the quality of the texture and the improvements in the orthophoto generation.
Cheers

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 04:46:43 PM »
this version is a very good and stable update, mainly concerning the calculation speed, the quality of the texture and the improvements in the orthophoto generation.

Very much this. I can confirm that I have had 5 powerful PC's running, processing 100's of scans reliably for 7 days straight in the last month. Not one crash. You can leave it running over night without fear.

Super stable.

kris3d

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
Increased speed, better texture. but this only works on individual chunks.
calculations connected by chunks, ending the outbreak of strange artifacts.
a very serious problem.
I do not recommend you use this version if you have an extensive project 300 photos or affect more.

http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=992.0

Oli63

• www.geospy.at
    • View Profile
    • GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »
I want to underline what has already been said about the new 0.9.1 version. I tested one of my models consisting of 109 cameras, showing a landscape with lots of buildings on it. The result is a fantastic improvement. A very much more precise mesh and a texture without all the distortions of the same model calculated in 0.9.0. What excited me most is that the textures on vertical walls are veeeery much better now. Really impressive, great work! Thank you Dmitry.
GeoSpy Aerial Imaging & Mapping GmbH
www.geospy.at

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 03:03:58 AM »
Increased speed, better texture. but this only works on individual chunks.
calculations connected by chunks, ending the outbreak of strange artifacts.
a very serious problem.
I do not recommend you use this version if you have an extensive project 300 photos or affect more.

http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?topic=992.0

Best to talk directly with the Dev team, share data etc so they can test that issue you are facing.