Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release  (Read 132961 times)

Maharg

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 03:03:04 PM »
Beautiful. Thank you!

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
Export Orthophoto/Blending Mode Average crashes Photoscan.

I attempted to generate both tiff and jpg orthos with blending mode average. Both times Photoscan crashed. I successfully exported a mosaic with the same dimensions, so the problem appears to be specific to the pixel-averaged image export.

crash reports were sent (according to the reporter). Let me know if I can do anything else.

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:49 AM »
Mosaic issue?

I generated two orthophoto mosaics with 0.9.1 and was surprised to see some artifacts in the mosaicking. The surface model still looks OK, but there appears to be least one horizontal seam in the image - right in the middle. It's not completely clear to me if it is continuous or not, but I did find it exactly in the middle of two different images I generated from two different areas of a model.

Projection was NAD83 UTM 10. orthomosaic bounds were specified in integer meters.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Hello andyroo,

Please update to the latest build (1641). Hopefully both issues are fixed there.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11:38 PM »
This means that no conversions to 8-bit per channel are performed during any processing step.

Hi Alexey,

So if photos are import as half-precision floating point .exr files will all calculations be floating point operations? What about if photos are import from 16-bit integer tifs? Are the values converted to floats so that floating point operations can be used or are calculations done as integer operations.

I'm interested in this in the context of avoiding quantization problems in a linear scene-referred pipeline, i.e. floating point operations are good integer operations, not so much.

Thanks,
Jed

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
Hello Andy,

Currently single orthophoto file in TIFF format is limited by 2 GB. If it is not possible to generate smaller file using the current settings (export resolution) "Not enough memory" message will be displayed during the export orthophoto.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »
Hello jedfrechette,

Both 16-bit integer and half-precision floating point data will be converted to floating point.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

b_moler

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm playing with this pre-released. But I'm having a problem to scale the model. I checked the tutorial.
I set two markers, but I can't find 'set reference scale'. However I can create scale bar. How could I set the measure?

thankssss

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »
Hello b_moler,

In 0.9.1 scale bars could be now used both for reference distance assignment and for measuring.
If you wish to use the scale bar as reference distance (could be several in a single chunk) you need to place two markers, then switch to Create Scale bar tool and point consequently to the both markers pointing to the scale bar ends.
After that the reference distance should be input manually in the Source tab of the Ground Control pane for the corresponding scale bar. Do not forger to check on the scale bar.

In case you are using scale bars for measuring the only difference with the procedure described above is that you need to uncheck the scale bar in the Ground control pane, while the estimated distance will be shown for such scale bar in the Estimated tab.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 04:35:55 AM »
Currently single orthophoto file in TIFF format is limited by 2 GB. If it is not possible to generate smaller file using the current settings (export resolution) "Not enough memory" message will be displayed during the export orthophoto.

I was able to generate mosaic orthophotos with exactly the same dimensions as the RGB average orthos that gave me an out-of-memory error. (retracted - I think I mistyped the bounding boxes. Sorry I should have tried to duplicate the error first)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:35:04 AM by andyroo »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
Hello Andy,

Could you please provide the log file for successful export and for export with memory problem?
And just for case please also check you are using 64-bit version and not 32-bit.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

andyroo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
Hello Andy,

Could you please provide the log file for successful export and for export with memory problem?
And just for case please also check you are using 64-bit version and not 32-bit.
I generated about a dozen new averaged images and have not been able to duplicate the problem. I think I must have mistyped the bounding coordinates. sorry for the false report.

Right after I wrote the above, I managed to crash Photoscan while exporting a RGB average image. The crash also occurred immediately after relaunching Photoscan and trying to perform the same export, and when I switched to exporting a mosaic for the same chunk (instead of RGB average), so this may be a different problem. An error report was generated for each crash, but I am attaching the logfile (as of the first crash) to this reply anyway.I had started a new logfile immediately before beginning to export these orthoimages.

This is reproducible with this project file, at least on my machine). I can upload the project file (and imagery if needed) for the whole project or just this chunk if it would help.

(also tried with build 1647, and it still crashes. crash reporter appears to have sent the dump)

Andy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:06:23 PM by andyroo »

rival29

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 05:49:18 AM »
Not sure where to suggest features, but this FaceWorks demo by nVidia could potentially improve huge mesh rendering.

http://youtu.be/5d1ZOYU4gpo

Infinite

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Not sure where to suggest features, but this FaceWorks demo by nVidia could potentially improve huge mesh rendering.

There's a features section on the forum.. "Feature Requests" http://www.agisoft.ru/forum/index.php?board=11.0

That video above uses a very sophisticated and expensive Lighstage to capture data, most probably using Phantom v-Series cameras, also very expensive (average of $250,000 each)

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 07:48:27 PM »
Photoscan Pro 0.9.1 build 1647 seems to have a problem aligning uncompressed tiffs.  I converted eleven Canon RAW images to uncompressed tifs in Photoshop CS6. Photoscan Pro 0.9.0 (1586 64-bit) aligns perfectly.  In the beta, the model aligns but it is almost impossible to view.  It is as if you are a few millimeters from the model.

I can send you my tifs if you want to recreate the problem.

-Mark