Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release  (Read 132635 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 0.9.1 pre-release
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Hello RHenriques,

And this is the error:

stereo.cpp line 203: error CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

Thank you for reporting.

Are you using Mac OS? If yes, than the problem will be fixed in the next 0.9.1 update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 05:45:30 PM »
Hello RHenriques,

And this is the error:

stereo.cpp line 203: error CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

Thank you for reporting.

Are you using Mac OS? If yes, than the problem will be fixed in the next 0.9.1 update.

Hi Alexey

Yes, I'm using MacOSX. Despite this small bug, that I'm sure you'll correct very quickly, this update is very robust so far. I'm so impressed with the improvements in the Orthophoto generation that I guess that I'll have to repeat several projects made with the previous versions!!! And this can only be a good thing for current and new PhotoScan users.
Cheers

fh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
In Version 0.9.0 it was possible to export a 3d PDF in a geographic coordinate system. This option is now disabled in version 0.9.1 (always export in local coordinate system).

I used to activate the 3d measurement tool of the exported PDF (enable comment function for reader) in adobe acrobat pro. Afterwards it was possible to measure 3D coordinates in the geographic coordinate system within adobe reader - a very impressive function for our costumers.

It would be very nice if it were possible to choose a coordinate system in the PDF export dialog, and also a tick to activate directly the pdf comment function to enable 3d measurements.

Cheers

xabierr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 01:56:33 AM »
Great improvements in this new version. Just couple of minor bugs... cant seem to check/uncheck all selected cameras/markers. Sometime works, sometimes doesnt. Also, how does the create scale bar works?

cheers,

Javier

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »
Hello Javier,

Could you please specify OS you are using so that we'll try to reproduce the issue.

Scale-bars can be created as a distance between two markers. So at first you need to place two markers, then switch to Create Scale Bar tool and point to markers consequently - this operation will create a scale bar instance in the Ground Control pane.
If you wish to use scale bars in optimization process or for model scaling you can input known distance as Source value in the Ground control pane and check (turn on) the scale bar.
Also scale bars could be used for linear measuring purposes - estimated distance will be shown on the corresponding Ground Control pane tab.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

xabierr

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 01:54:12 AM »
Thanks Alexey. I'm working under Windows 7. Cheking/unchecking of selected markers seems to work only after I have manually checked each marker.

As for the scale bars, when I add one and check it... the estimated distance actually appears under the error (m) heading which makes it a bit counter intuitive, particularly if I use it in the optimization process as then it changes to the actual error.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
Hello Javier,

Checking all selected cameras works only for those of them which have source coordinates. While unchecking should work in any cases (CTRL+A -> Right click -> Uncheck).

As for the scale bars that will be used for measuring (and do not have any source values) should not be checked, since in this case their distance will be automatically assigned to zero. To check estimated value you need to switch Ground Control pane to Estimated values view.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:43 PM »
Alexey, im get problem with selecting images -im have pressed the CTRL key and clicking on images that want disable, but afther not same period of time the selection is lost, and im must start from begining to select images. mostly can set upto 3-10 images then it lost selection. have tested to change Keyeboard, mouse, try on another 2 PCs but same problem. And its not just this version... Haveo thers same problem  too ??   
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
Hello Wishgranter,

Do these problems appear in Photos pane? If yes, then it is connected to the mouse-click during the mouse movement. In this case PhotoScan starts multiple selection and resets the previously selected files.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FoodMan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
While we're at it... it would be awesome to have an images order possibility.. like alphabetic , non-aligned, disabled, etc... and reverse... so this way a simple Shift-click... and voila.. :)

f/

rival29

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:15 AM »
I'm glad to see improvments in the production of orthoimagery. using 0.9.1 build 1632 64-bit I revisited an old project to see if there were improvements in the orthomosaic function. Without reprocessing geometry or camera alignment I generated a new orthoimage. I had hoped the bug preventing masked regions from being output in mosaic mode would have been fixed. Doesn't look like the case, but it does appear that there is a fair amount of color correction taking place. These two captures show the differences in color corrective output between v 0.9.0 (1584) and v 0.9.1 (1632), it seems like there was heavy balancing done on the blue channel. This is nice and all but the masking bug really limits the aesthetic quality of the orthomosaic.

Also, i have been running into issues with limitations in VRAM of my Quadro 5000. Im running a dell Precision T7600 with dual octocore xeon E5-2687W cpus at 3.1ghz, 128gb ECC DDR3, 8 TB RAID. I usually have no issues with processing of large image sets but i run into performance problems trying to display meshed models consisting over more than 40 million faces. It appears that the VRAM fills up and brings the machine to its knees. Is there any way of more efficiently displaying large meshes or should i considered trading this card in for a Geforce Titan 6GB?

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 02:48:12 AM »
Hello, tha Vram issue is anyoing.. yes it will help, every 1 GB of ram is aprox 45 Mil triangles, without texture...... But realisticaly, going over 100 Mil will be problematic even then ( its something that was unthinkable few years back )

So teoreticaly, without texture, it should be possible to open and work with 200 Mil mesh ( with some reserve 250 Mil )

Im working with  7970 3 GB VRAM, an its get problem to go over 100 Mil ( propably a driver issue, it seems that it could not get properly in VRAM ) Im set decimation to 50 Mil, and its quick in viewport

How much VRAM you have now ?

Can report us then how it work with TITAN ? :-)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:50:49 AM by Wishgranter »
----------------
www.mhb.sk

rival29

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
I currently have two Quadro 5000 cards that came installed with the machine. Each has 2gb vram, non-SLI mode. To my understanding SLI wouldn't help since each card would load the same data. When reconstructing depth each seems to be fully utilized as individual computer clusters. Even at 40mil faces it is difficult to work with. If i can get my hands on a Titan ill definitely post some benchmarks. I use cloudcompare to work with the pointclouds, and have tried i-site studio 4 as well but both seem to hit the VRAM wall with large datasets...

Anyone know any good pointcloud analysis software that uses octrees for visual display?

Maharg

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »
The 64 bit Windows version seems to be broken.  The installer won't launch at all for me.

Windows 7 x64

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
Hello Maharg,

Thank you for reporting.
We have updated installation package for PhotoScan Standard Win-64bit.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC