Forum

Author Topic: How to use CMD or PowerShell to set Local Shared Drive while using network?  (Read 1106 times)

AK_C

• View Profile
HI~

I'm testing out network process while using PS.

I setup a shared Network drive (A:\) on PC-1 (D:\) for all the PCs on the Network to see a common folder.

So if i want a PC to be a processing node, I type this in the powershell:

Code: [Select]
photoscan.exe --node --dispatch 192.168.10.49:5841 --root A:\
So all nodes can find where's A:\ (shared drive on the network)

BUT!! The PC that the shared drive is situated (PC-1) can't find the path on it's own drive.

While start processing notwork process, it will had an error :

Code: [Select]
[192.168.10.49:51383] failed #0 BuildDepthMaps.buildDepthMaps (5/8): Can't open file: No such file or directory (2): A:\
NEW_v001.psx

So how do I make the PC that contain Network drive (PC-1) sees it's own network drive?
What should I type in the PowerShell command?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:25:00 PM by AK_C »

Dave Martin

• View Profile
hi AK_C,

To have a PC 'see' a local drive as an additional drive letters, two choices:
1) In disk management, you may be able to assign a second drive letter
2) From a command line, you should be able to use the 'SUBST' command.

and off-topic, older members of the forum may suspect that by using A: for your data, you have a very tiny data set! as A: used to be the boot or first floppy drive on a PC !   :-)

Dave

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello AK_C,

When multi-node network processing  configuration is being set up, it is recommended to use --root for every node, so that the path is pointing to the same network shared location for all the nodes. It means that for the "local" node you also need to specify the root path, but it can be set as "D:/"

Also make sure that the root path is properly configured in the Network Preferences tab of the machine where from the network processing is started.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC