Forum

Author Topic: Import OBJ in Blender  (Read 3005 times)

LilC

• View Profile
Import OBJ in Blender
« on: October 23, 2018, 01:00:04 PM »
I'm trying to import a obj to blender from agisoft but in the process my mesh is messed up and I can't understand why. I put some imagens from the two softwares. If anyone had this problem how do you fixed it?  :o Thanks!!

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Import OBJ in Blender
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 01:22:03 PM »
Looks like you didn't export the vertex normals.

Mak

LilC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »
Hi Mak thank you for the reply. I also think that in first, and I correct it on agisoft, and change them on blender but the problem remained. Meanwhile I was abble to solve it with try-error. It was a problem with blender and real coordinates. With real coordinates the model is in a very large space and it's difficult to Blender manage it. I think if you change the Blender units it will be able  to deal with it, but I didn't wan't to loose my object's dimensions, so I simply transfor coordinates from real do local, just reducing them to tens. And it works!!!  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:35:07 PM by LilC »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
Hello LilC,

To fix the problem with the coordinate system you can use Local Coordinates option during export (if the chunk is originally referenced in the geographic coordinate system), or use SHIFT fields to subtract large values (like millions and thousands of meters that are the same for all the vertices), when exporting in the projected coordinate system.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alvaro L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »
Adding to what it is said by Alexey, Blender is not a GIS application and does not handle well units from points coordinates in the order of thousands, because it will work against mesh precission. Use a "temporal" coordinates system that keeps your mesh or point cloud as close as possible to the Blender coordinates origin.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:22:15 PM by Alvaro L »