Forum

Author Topic: SLPK invert Z  (Read 2541 times)

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
SLPK invert Z
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »
I did an slpk export of a tiled model and tried import to arcgis pro, but I am getting negative Z-values close to the inverse of actual Z. The model looks fine and there is no issue with display, other than an inverse of Z.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: SLPK invert Z
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »
Hello Kjellis85,

In which coordinate system your model is referenced? Is Z axis oriented correctly in PhotoScan window?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kjellis85

• Archaeological field supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Contact information at University of Tromsø
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »
Z-axis is correct in PS view, the model is in ETRS89 / UTM zone 33N EPSG: 25833

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
Hello Kjellis85,

I've tried to export random project in this projection in SLPK format and it has been properly oriented in space. Just to clarify - are you observing inverse Z orientation of the model or a shift along Z (with the proper Z-up orientation of the model)?

Also is it observed also in pre-release version Metashape 1.5.0, if you export the data in SLPK format from the same project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »
It appears that the vertical shift is caused by the fact that SLPK export is performed in WGS84 + EGM96 coordinate system, so the coordinates of the model are transformed accordingly. So can you please check that the altitude information for the reference points used in your project are defined in accordance to the chunk's coordinate system.

As far as I am aware, SLPK format is optimized for online viewers in order to display the data on the world's globe. So there do not seem to be any options for saving the data in other systems, but if you can provide any reference for such an option for SLPK we'll check that.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC