Forum

Author Topic: white balance off on textures  (Read 3135 times)

morganW

• View Profile
white balance off on textures
« on: October 16, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »
Hi,
when I build textures the white balance is off. Where do I correct this? Thank you!

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: white balance off on textures
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:27:38 AM »
Tools-> Calibrate Colors.

It's all in the user manual btw. http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/user-manuals/

Mak

morganW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 03:26:54 AM »
That didnt seem to work. This has been a consistent problem with anything in the brown/tan range, it tips blue. I shoot raw then convert to TGA's which should be lossless.

Dave Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »
Morgan,

How are you white-balancing? How are you expecting the WB to get into PhotoScan?

Dave

morganW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:59:46 PM »
Hi Dave,
I am using the auto white balance on my DSLR. The photos look great. I shoot RAW then convert to TGA. But, once I build the mesh with vert color or build the textures then they look blue. Consistently. I have tried using the color calibration inside of photoscan but it doesn't make a slight bit of difference. I am not sure what else I have available to me except for editing the texture once it is built, but I will never capture all the subtle color shifts that were originally there...

Dave Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »
Morgan, a couple of things.

Firstly, I would never rely on Automatic White Balance, as that can change from shot to shot. When a texture is built, an image, or part thereof, is chosen for each area, so with non-fixed WB, you could end up with two adjoining areas being textured from images with different WB.  I would always shoot at a fixed, known WB; that also means, if needed and the circumstances permit, I could go back and repeat or even infill.

Re the problem with an apparent shift in the whole textures colour: can you check if the shift is happening when the images are imported? i.e. if you import and then open one image in PhotoScan, before building anything, are the colours the same as in your RAW image?

Dave

morganW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »
Hi Dave, if you look at my first post you can see a comparison of the TGA (looks the same as the RAW) and the built model. I have tried all the color correction configurations inside photoscan (model and sparse cloud) and nothing seems to shift the color away from the blue case....Im stumped

Dave Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
Hi Morgan, 'capture1' is the model, so is 'capture2' one of the initial images?  If so, is that before it goes into PhotoScan? or is it after you click on one of the imported photos in the gallery in PhotoScan?

Dave