Forum

Author Topic: Multiple 3D Models per Chunk  (Read 5867 times)

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
Multiple 3D Models per Chunk
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:05 AM »
I often find myself wishing I could have more than 1 3D model associated with each chunk. At any given time I may want to have available one or more of: dense point cloud, low-poly mesh, high-poly mesh, edited and raw versions of all of the above. Constantly having to manually save and load them from disk while trying to remember which "3D Model" is currently present in the project gets a bit tedious.
Jed

RalfH

• View Profile
Re: Multiple 3D Models per Chunk
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
+1

The ability to remember depth maps at all (since 0.9.0) was a big improvement and a huge gain of time, but things could become even better. At the very least, PhotoScan should be able to remember depth maps of multiple qualities instead of removing existing depth maps when building depth maps at a different quality setting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:53:06 AM by RalfH »

tincansassoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »
+2

The ability to do both high quality and low quality versions would be a huge time savings for me as well. For me this would be most useful for a high and low poly mesh, and as well as a high and low resolution texture. The low quality version is useful for 3d previews, such as through as browser. This would be even better as a batch process while having these each saved as different filenames.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »
Its possible, burt with renaming PSZ to ZIP and extrackt EXR  images..... Im do it mostly so that aftehr reconstruction saving ORIGINAL fiel and then resave witj other, deleting DEPHT maps for smaller file.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Maharg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 06:06:46 AM »
Export depth seems to be broken in 1647.  Also...could the option export all of the selected depths instead of just one?

Thank you for being such an awesome company.