Forum

Author Topic: KMZ grayed out  (Read 1939 times)

graca

• View Profile
KMZ grayed out
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:09:55 AM »
Hello,

New to the software and I'm having problems exporting to a kmz because it is grayed out. I found many past topics on this same issue but none seem to help with my situation.

I have three chunks totaling about 2400 images. Each of the chunks has 6 ground control points that all have lat/long. I've followed the work flow and created a sparse point cloud, dense point cloud, DEM and orthomosaic.

Any thoughts on how to approach this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: KMZ grayed out
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
Hello grace,

Can you please check in the Chunk Info dialog which coordinate systems are used for the chunk referencing, orthomosaic and DEM?

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

graca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
I'm using NAD83(2011)/Washington South (ftUS) (EPSG::6599)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 02:06:35 PM »
Hello grace,

This coordinate system doesn't contain the information about ToWGS84 transformation parameters. Since KMZ format assumes WGS84 coordinates, you should manually input the transformation settings to the Datum Transformation Parameters dialog in the Reference pane settings dialog. The button is next to the coordinate system selection field.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

graca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »
Any idea where I might find the transformation settings?

graca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 03:25:52 AM »
Still not able to export a KMZ.

I was not able to figure out what the transformation settings should be so tried a plan B. This involved attempting to change from using ground control points that were imported using NAD83 and instead relying on the drone images that originally were imported using WGS84. I checked all cameras in the reference window and unchecked the ground control points.

I then went to the reference settings menu and unchecked the 'marker reference' setting and checked the 'camera reference' (also later tried checking the marker reference setting simultaneously). I also changed the coordinate system to WGS84 for both marker and camera reference (both showed they were using NAD83). No mater what combination of the above I try, I still get "unsupported datum transformation" either when I change the coordinate system or when I try to save a KMZ.

Anyone? I assuming there's a very easy fix and I'm just too new to understand.

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Hello Graca,

I would suggest, after setting your reference settings to WGS84 to  re generate your DEM and  orthomosaic so that it is now produced in WGS84... Should work….

Remember changing your reference settings to WGS84 (with Covert Reference button - 4 th button from left in Reference pane), will change your camera coordinates but original Ortho will remain in original CS (NAD83) if it is nor regenerated...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:19:39 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor