Forum

Author Topic: Installing and running Agisoft on a Linux HPC cluster  (Read 2886 times)

Dr_Yak

• View Profile
Installing and running Agisoft on a Linux HPC cluster
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »
Hi,

I am having performance issues with my current desktop setup and I have maxed the amount of RAM I can put in.  I would like to know if it is possible to install and use Agisoft Photoscan professional on a HPC node running CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core) and the SGE scheduler?

If I were to use a node with 24 cores and 128GB memory (or one with 56 cores and 1TB memory) would I need one floating licence per node or per core on the node?

Would Agisoft be able to utlise all of the cores on the node automatically?

How does one set up the floating licence server to work with SGE?

Thank you.

Dave

SB

• View Profile
Re: Installing and running Agisoft on a Linux HPC cluster
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
I can help you utilize a HPC cluster.  I've done it at several universities that use slurm or pbs.

SB

Dr_Yak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the offer.  I will be extremely grateful for any help.  I have sent you a PM.

Yours,
Dave

MattW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Hi SB,

We're also trying to get PhotoScan running on an HPC cluster running SLURM. Would be very grateful for your help - have sent you a PM.

Thanks

jrp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:48:18 PM »
A node (that is a single computer which has a single operating system installed on it) requires one licence, regardless of how many cores the processor has.

multiple nodes across a network can be set up for advanced configurations, where each processing node and each client machine needs a licence. If I machine is being used both as a client machien and a processing node, I understand it only needs a single licence. (there is also a need for a server on the network to coordinate the nodes, but it does not need a licence)

Note that floating licences are more expensive than node locked licences, but node locked licences can still be transfered between computers by deactivating the licences on the first, and typign the licence code into the second.