Forum

Author Topic: Volumetric Stockpiles more options  (Read 2693 times)

upland@mcsnet.ca

• View Profile
Volumetric Stockpiles more options
« on: June 04, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
Best fit plane, Mean sea level and custom level are the only options available.  Best fit plane works fine where stockpiles are on a uniform plane but in some cases we need to specify the elevation of the perimeter in certain spots so the calculation can cut through the pile and NOT follow the contour of the pile perimeter.  The polygon that determines the perimeter for volume calculation follows the surface to exact which in some sections along the pile perimeter would be preferable to slice through the pile to get a better representation of the base.  Some software's have this ability but not agisoft.

trevorsm

• View Profile
Re: Volumetric Stockpiles more options
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:43:36 PM »
+1

This would be a huge help! Often piles are dumped over walls and while I can see the edge, it's 30' AGL because it's against a wall. Only way to calc this now is to export to another program....would be easier to do it all in PhotoScan.

I envision several different ways this could be implemented:
1. Draw a pile perimeter using calculated elevations and give user the ability to override trouble points. 
2. Allow user to draw a line where the wall is and set that line to a known base elevation.
3. As upland stated, simply being able to set the base plane to X would help. 

This would greatly help my workflow by being able to keep all the work in a single program. Thanks for the consideration.

Bill68

• View Profile
Re: Volumetric Stockpiles more options
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 12:09:02 AM »
I need an additional option for the base to be from a TIN created from the perimeter polygon outline.    It is the only way to get an accurate pile volume.  Without this I'll need to export to other software for volume calculations.