Forum

Author Topic: Exporting DEM after color palette change  (Read 3085 times)

Damian

• View Profile
Exporting DEM after color palette change
« on: December 13, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
Hello
I am having a problem with DEM export. I have one big investment, that I  split into several projects (no need of merging chunks etc.). I checked the lowest and highest elevation value in the area and set the DEM pallete in every project to have the same maximal and minimal absolute values. The color of DEM looks same in every project. So far everything is ok.

However, when I try to export the DEM I notice, that my palette set is being ignored, and exported DEM has the default one. In attached pictures you can see what I mean.

How can I make program export the DEM with the palette set I want?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting DEM after color palette change
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »
Hello Damian,

Can you please check if the Raster Transform -> Pallete option in the Export DEM dialog is properly applied in the version 1.5.0 pre-release?
The download links are available in the following tread:
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=9793.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Damian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:54:41 AM »
Hello Alexey

Export works fine in new version. Colors look just as expected.

Damian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »
Alexey,
how exactly works my license for Agisoft Professional when using Metashape? Are there any differences? May I deactivate it any time without loosing it?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »
Hello Damian,

Metashape 1.5.0 can be considered as new version of PhotoScan, so you can just freely update similar to regular PhotoScan updates. You license is valid for any PhotoScan/Metashape edition up to version 1.9.x.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Damian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 01:21:16 AM »
There is an issue with new Metashape. With previous Agisoft 1.4.4 for 64x Windows it was not a problem for my PC to handle 5000 cameras alignment. Now I recieve "out of memory" error when I try to align 2500. Have you already got some feedback about it? How can I cope with that?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
Hello Damian,

Can you provide the processing log? Please also check that you have installed 64-bit version of Metashape and are not accidentally using 32-bit version.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Damian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »
I have already downgraded back to Agisoft 1.4.4. 64x. Unfotunately, the error still appears: Out of memory (2) at line 179 - every time the same no matter which project I allign. I wanted to align cameras on high (key point: 40 000, tie point: 4 000). The number of cameras: 2482.

If you could work out the problem here, I will retun to Metashape and check it again. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:51:11 AM by Damian »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 07:16:16 PM »
Hello Damian,

The error message indicates the problem withing GPU-based processing, so I can suggest to install the latest NVIDIA drivers (version 417.35 is available) using Clean install option. And if the problem persists, then check, if there are any other applications that are using the GPU at the same time - you can see it via NVIDIA-SMI utility, for example.

Also please specify, if you have  similar issues even on smaller datasets (for example, building or monument sample sets: http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/sample-data/)? It would be also helpful, if you run the Align Photos operation in the latest 1.5.0 pre-release version and provide the processing log from it (if it fails), the latest pre-release update includes available memory logging.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:01:09 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC