Forum

Author Topic: read only mode  (Read 2534 times)

szhu0

• View Profile
read only mode
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:41:13 AM »
I am unable to export anything because as soon as I build a dense point cloud it becomes a read only file [R] (see attachment). There is a lock file in the folder that is only present when the workspace is open and active (thus, it will not let me delete the lock file while the file is open). As soon as I close the file, the lock file disappears. How can I get out of read only mode and export my files?

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: read only mode
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »
Hello szhu0,

[R] mark next to the chunk's label in the Workspace pane means that the chunk is Referenced in either local or geographic coordinate system. This mark has nothing to do with the project lock that makes opened project read-only for other user or other application instances that are trying to open the project.

Have you tried to export anything from the project? Actually, even if you open the project in read-only mode, you still will be able to export the results, as they do not affect the project files data.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

szhu0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:06:53 PM »
When I first started the project I was able to export DEMs and orthomosaics. Now, I am unable to export anything (everything is greyed out - see image attached here). I see the lock file when I open my workspace so I am not sure if that is causing the issue, but I am unable to delete it. Do you know what might be the problem and how I can export my data again?

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:08:44 PM by szhu0 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
Hello szhu0,

In order to export some product, it should be generated and be active in the active chunk. To build DEM and Orthomosaic use Build DEM and Build Orthomosaic commands in the Workflow menu.
Make sure that in the Workspace pane you have selected proper chunk (you can switch between the chunks by double-clicking on the chunk's label in the Workspace pane). Also check that the instance that you would like to export is active in the chunk's contents.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

szhu0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:03:08 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I have tried exporting active chunks and it still shows a greyed out export option : /

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 06:53:01 PM »
Hello szhu0,

Do you see the DEM and orthomosaic lines in the contents of the active chunk in the Workspace pane?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC