Forum

Author Topic: refining markers  (Read 7335 times)

JMR

• View Profile
refining markers
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »
IMHO there is a need for improvements in the gray marker's refining workflow

I hate that they move when I just wanted to validate their current position.

In my opinion, when you click on the marker, you could open a magnifier window with accept and skip icons where the user could reposition the marker by dragging, validate the gray position as is calculated and turn it blue, or skip to close the magnifier letting marker remain in gray status. (Options for magnifier might be: magnification factor, show upsampled and border/contrast enhanced crop, crosshair cursor on button down, automatic target detection by key press... )

Thanks

JMR (was LFA)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:47:01 AM by JMR »

Alexey Pankov

• View Profile
Re: refining markers
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
I hate that they move when I just wanted to validate their current position.
+1

Magnifier tool however seems too complicated. Scroll wheel is enough for zooming.
PhotoScasn only needs to be able to distinguish between single click and 'hold and drag' actions.
And single click of course should go only for marker validation without changing its' position.

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »
Like JMR, I also think a magnifier tool would be useful, along with a more precise crosshair type point indicator.

I like how Blender handles this in its motion tracker. It shows a box around the marker in the main view and a zoomed view in a separate widget with the exact position of the marker, see attached screenshot.

Blenders widget is actually a bit more complicate as its shape is editable and controls the neighborhood around the marker that is used for tracking. It also shows a preview of the processing that is applied to the raw image to assist with tracking. As far as I know PhotoScan doesn't do either of these so a simple zoom level control would probably be sufficient, possibly with some simple color controls.

A magnifier tool would also be the natural place to put an automatic target detector that only considers the magnified area. Having detectors for calculating subpixel positions of corners (e.g. OpenCVs  cornerSubPix) and blobs (OpenCV SimpleBlobDetector) would be very useful.
Jed

anttonij

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:42 AM »
Having detectors for calculating subpixel positions of corners (e.g. OpenCVs  cornerSubPix) and blobs (OpenCV SimpleBlobDetector) would be very useful.

+1