Forum

Author Topic: Getting XYZ Data from Point Cloud  (Read 1896 times)

JasonR

• View Profile
Getting XYZ Data from Point Cloud
« on: December 28, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »
Is there a way to get specific point data from the point cloud? I would like to be able to select a specific point and extract that positional information.

The only other answers that I've seen to this question suggest that you should add a marker and look at the estimated position. This works for the horizontal data, but the marker usually winds up floating well above the actual point cloud. Adding a marker to the mesh seems to be correct in the horizontal and vertical, but the mesh often doesn't contain the information that we need. Thanks for any help!

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Getting XYZ Data from Point Cloud
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Adding a marker by right click on desired location of the dense cloud should not yield to a floating marker.
You can also draw points on the cloud and export them as dxf
Regards,
GEOBIT

JasonR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »
Adding a marker by right click on desired location of the dense cloud should not yield to a floating marker.
You can also draw points on the cloud and export them as dxf
Regards,
GEOBIT

Hi GEOBIT,

While I agree that I shouldn't get a floating point, it is happening consistently and on different projects. I was hoping for a hidden "hey what's this point's location" option, but it doesn't look like one exists. Exporting dxf files and opening in another program is a workaround, but not desirable. Maybe someone will think to add this feature in the future.

Thanks for the information though!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »
Hello JasonR,

By "specific point" do you mean the point of the sparse point cloud, dense point cloud or a click location?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JasonR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 01:56:28 AM »
Hi Alex,

Getting the XYZ value of an existing point in the dense point cloud would work best.

Thanks!