Forum

Author Topic: Define Processing Area By Shapefile?  (Read 4676 times)

Muhammad Khan

• View Profile
Define Processing Area By Shapefile?
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
I'm processing aerial imagery in Agisoft and my area is divided into multiple grids. In the processing options, I want to set the processing area (bounding box) with respect to "shapefiles" that I have created based on the dimensions of my grid. I can not find any option through which I can add a shapefile into my project, Is there a way to give processing area by importing a shapefile?

Also, Is there a way to add satellite imagery or some map at the background of my dataset so that I can verify the geolocations of images and assign the boundig box accordingly?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Define Processing Area By Shapefile?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »
Hello Muhammad,

Currently the reconstruction area is defined by the bounding box and imported shapes cannot be used to define the reconstruction boundary. Shapes can be only be used to specify the area of export for already generated products, such as orthomosaic and DEM, for example.

Background maps are not supported at the moment either. There is, however, a feature request for such feature:
http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=8248.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Muhammad Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:14:57 AM »
Hi Alexey!

Okay got it, It would really be a very helpful feature if introduced in the next version.

One other thing is that for my aerial imagey project, I need the whole project to be geospatially acurate and I'm looking for recommendations (or tutorial maybe) from start to end that encloses all the steps and sub-options for 3D model reconstruction so that I may follow the same procedure to get accurate results.

DavidD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 02:31:48 PM »
Hi Alexey,

congrats to the great 1.6 release! Thanks to its out-of-core functionality, extremely large projects with Metashape have become not only feasible but a real pleasure to process. We're extremely happy about the results and processing speed within our usecase to process large area cities and we definitely prefer your software over the competition now.

Anyway: Muhammad's topic is also very relevant to us and I think with the latest development progress this would be an extremely useful feature for a lot of users, now that large scale areas are a possibility. Being able to tell Metashape to just process within a certain Shape/GeoJSON would help us further reduce our processing times by a large margin.

Could you shine some light on this topic? Is a feature like this planned or even under development? Are there certain technical complexities preventing this?

Thanks in advance and keep up the outstanding work!
David
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:52:02 PM by DavidD »

aerophilicravi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 11:24:46 AM »
Is this still under development? Or has this been implemented? Would be really useful feature for large area mapping.

Diogo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 04:39:35 PM »
This feature would also be of interest for us. In version 1.8.4 changelog there is only a new areaFitted() feature for shapefiles where the area is calculated.

arafat

• View Profile
Change region from BBOX to Polygon
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to build DEM for a certain region, I drew a polygon around it created a border. However, when Building DEM it builds DEM for the whole BBOX.
Is there a way to build DEM only for the region inside the polygon??