Forum

Author Topic: Mesh not build but pont cloud is OK ... ?  (Read 1854 times)

iubdoc

• View Profile
Mesh not build but pont cloud is OK ... ?
« on: January 02, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
Hi,
I have a problem, I work in coral reefs colonies 3D reconstruction, in somme colonies the point cloud is great but when I process Mesh the result is very bad, in fact the model is nearly  entirely disappear or software has not build the mostly of colony.... why ??? it seems that it no have enough information to do the mesh...
My projet have +80 photos and the "object"  to reconstruction is 50x30cm. I try to process in low, medium and high but its done the same result....
Is somebody can help me please !!! Thanks

DriesS

• View Profile
Re: Mesh not build but pont cloud is OK ... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »
Have your tried disabling the interpolation? (under 'build mesh' > 'advanced' >interpolation

iubdoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 08:06:11 AM »
Hi, thanks that's works  :) !!!
So I have to disable interpolation when exactly ? mostly of colonies that have this problem are complex in structure (branching corals) but not all of them..
Thanks again four your help

DriesS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »
Glad it worked, interpolation will try to 'fill in the blanks', so if you have a lot of little branches etc, it will try connecting them. So if you have enough data in your scan, disabling interpolation will prevent the software from guessing where there may be shapes and only taking what he knows for sure.

hope this clarifies it enough :)

iubdoc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
Ok yes yes is clear :) thanks a lot !