Forum

Author Topic: Less stepped quality settings  (Read 2355 times)

Alvaro L

• View Profile
Less stepped quality settings
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »
Hi

I think It would be great an intermediate step in dense cloud calculation, between High and Ultra high, that would mean multiplying calculating times X2 instead of current X4 respect to "High" dense cloud calculation times. Kind regards

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Less stepped quality settings
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 07:38:23 PM »
Hello Alvaro,

Current implementation of the methods do not allow intermediate step between High and Ultra.

However, if you are mostly interested in polygonal model output, I can suggest to check the new meshing method (in the version 1.5.0) based on the depth maps, as it woks faster thanks to GPU support and should be more detailed compared to dense cloud based models.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alvaro L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Thanks for your answer. One question I have is if I need to generate a dense cloud in order to generate a mesh from depth maps.

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks for your answer. One question I have is if I need to generate a dense cloud in order to generate a mesh from depth maps.

No you don't. That's the whole point of the new method. It doesn't require a dense cloud. It generates the depth maps and directly builds the mesh from them (and is for the most part GPU accelerated btw).

Mak