Forum

Author Topic: GPU not work correctly  (Read 2082 times)

Mohammed

• View Profile
GPU not work correctly
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »
Dear Agisoft,

I have a question regarding the GPU, i have GTX 1080 and since i bought this video card i process many projects and in the task manger i never seen the GPU power process exceed than 20% in the hole Workflow (from Align to build texture) Always the CPU is 100%, is there a problem in my GPU or it's normal?

Best,
Mohammed

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: GPU not work correctly
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 11:42:25 PM »
You have to select the Compute (0/1/2/3) option in the GPU section of the Task Manager to see the Compute Units utilization. Windows Task manager only reports the 3D rendering usage at first glance not the compute usage as seen in my screenshot. (or use GPU-Z where you will see the GPU hitting 100% every time Photoscan uses it).

BTW un-select the "Use CPU when GPU acceleration is.." toggle in Photoscan as it's often slows the whole process with it on when you have a beefy GPU like yours.

Mak
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:57:25 PM by Mak11 »

Mohammed

• View Profile
Re: GPU not work correctly
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »
You have to select the Compute (0/1/2/3) option to the GPU section of the Task Manager to see the Compute Units utilization. Windows Task manager only reports the 3D rendering usage at first glance not the compute usage as seen in my screenshot. (or use GPU-Z where you will see the GPU hitting 100% every time Photoscan uses it).

BTW un-select the "Use CPU when GPU acceleration is.." toggle in Photoscan as it's often slows the whole process with it on when you have a beefy GPU like yours.

Mak

Thank you Mak11!