Forum

Author Topic: DEM creation glitchy, ortho window slow  (Read 1716 times)

PwnageGIS

• View Profile
DEM creation glitchy, ortho window slow
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:00:10 PM »
Hi All,

So I've previously had Agisoft Photoscan since Summer 2018, version 1.4. Everything has worked fine, especially the DEM creation. Recently, whenever I have opened previous projects in Photoscan to view the comparisons of Dense Clouds/DEM/Orthophoto, the Ortho tab (which includes the DEM) has either not opened, or opened incredibly slowly. This means I can no longer view the DEM with ease. This wasn't a problem before, so I thought maybe my memory has been getting full on my laptop. I recently did a system reboot(or reset) and installed a trial version of Metashape, and the issue persists.  I'm assuming this may be an issue with my graphics card? I know I can just export the DEM to ArcGIS or another GIS program, but it is much more convenient to view the DEM immediately. 

Has anyone dealt with this issue? I'm hoping its an easy fix, since I'd rather not buy a more advanced laptop at this point. Below are my computer specs. Thanks!

ASUS Zenbook UX501, 16 gigs RAM, i7 6700HQ quad-core, Nvidia GForce GTX 960M

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DEM creation glitchy, ortho window slow
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:47:20 PM »
Hello PwnageGIS,

Are there also any issues related to the Photo view navigation, if you try to open the image by double-clicking for masking and marker placement?

If so, then please install latest NVIDIA drivers for your graphic card:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/141908/en-us
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PwnageGIS

• View Profile
Re: DEM creation glitchy, ortho window slow
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 06:05:29 PM »
Yes! That fixed my problem! Thank you so much Alexey!

I didn't notice that there were issues in the Photo view navigation either, since I have not needed to create masks or marker for my DEM's or Orthophotos. I thought I had set my drivers to automatic install for new updates, but I guess not. Thanks again!