Forum

Author Topic: Lines in Dense Cloud  (Read 1800 times)

dcobra

• View Profile
Lines in Dense Cloud
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:05:08 AM »
I have noticed some odd lines in some recent dense point clouds.  They are quite visible when viewing the model from the backside.  The lines are raised slightly beyond the backside of the actual surface of the model.  See screenshots attached as an example.  Dense cloud was processed using Metashape 1.5.0.  Any guidance as to what is causing this and how to remedy would be appreciated.

dcobra

• View Profile
Re: Lines in Dense Cloud
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:26:08 AM »
As an update, I have reprocessed this data set with Photoscan 1.4.5 and am observing the same results.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »
Hello dcobra,

How does the sparse cloud look for the same area?

Is it possible that these "lines" are related to the border of the areas with good overlap and with low overlap?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dcobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »
Alexey,

Thanks for the reply.  See screenshots attached of sparse and dense point clouds in same area.  There doesn't appear to be any lines in the sparse point cloud. The lines in the dense point cloud do look like some kind of border though.

The images were captured with 60%/80% overlap. 

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 09:15:22 PM »
Dcobra,

I had this happen once because on photos that had & 2 pixels wide white line running across the top of each one of them which I didn't notice at first.

Do theses lines appear in the regenerated texture?

Mak

dcobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:31 AM »
Mak,

Thanks for the suggestion.  There doesn't appear to be any white lines in the images or any errors with the regenerated texture.  See dense cloud and texture attached.