Forum

Author Topic: exploding points in dense cloud  (Read 1133 times)

HelloJens

• View Profile
exploding points in dense cloud
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »
Hi there,

I ran into an issue after generating a dense cloud for a statue. Basically the sparse cloud looks like everything is going to work out fine. The dense cloud however has lots of exploding points all over and I am wondering why this is happening.

The sparse cloud was combined from two separate chunks before the dense cloud was generated. If anyone could give me some pointers as to why this is happening, and what I need to do to avoid it, that would be great. -I've ran several rounds of 'gradual selection > optimize cameras' also

Attached are two pictures to show what the issue is.

Many thanks in advance

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: exploding points in dense cloud
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:13 PM »
Hello HelloJens,

Can you send the project with the alignment results only to support@agisoft.com saved in PSZ format?

Were there any additional elements in the background related to one of the chunks, only that do not appear in the second chunk? Also are there any cameras in any of the chunks that have two or more cameras which locations are estimated very close to each other (almost in the same point)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

HelloJens

• View Profile
Re: exploding points in dense cloud
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:40:39 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks so much for getting back, -I don't think I can send the model as it is work for a client. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by sending it with the alignment results only. Could you elaborate on that?

There could have been minor changes in the background, but nothing major really. The backgorund is black and grey cloth, which did not really change.

One of the chunks is the statue being turned on a turntable, the other however, dealing with details, and hard to see regions is not.

The main thing is, that there are indeed duplicate pictures, which were taken in order to have different focal points for texture generation. We did this before and it never caused any issues though. However I'll deactivate those. I don't want to remove them, as I'd like to use them later on for the texturing process.

I'll run the calculation again with those images deactivated and get back to you.

Thanks so much for your help so far.