Forum

Author Topic: geoid model not used or not working  (Read 2296 times)

jvduijvenbode

• View Profile
geoid model not used or not working
« on: January 16, 2019, 06:00:26 PM »
I'm trying to include the geoid model as given on the agisoft website (egm2008-1.tif). However whatever I do the height does not change. when i look in chunk.crs.geoid_height it is always at 0.0, while i know from for instance querying the tif file itself that it should be about 45 meters in my AOI. I've tried adding chunk.crs.addGeoid(path to egm2008-1.tif) but to no use. i get the error:

1 chunk.crs.addGeoid("C:/Program Files/metashape/geoids/egm2008-1.tif")

SystemError: <built-in method addGeoid of type object at 0x0000000012C96A88> returned NULL without setting an error

looking at my chunk coordinate system it is:

chunk.crs
Out[11]: 2019-01-16 15:59:35 <CoordinateSystem 'WGS 84 (EPSG::4326)'>

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: geoid model not used or not working
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:08:47 PM »
Hello jvduijvenbode,

Are you working with the stand-alone Metashape Python module or via program GUI / from command line with "-r" argument?

In the latter cases, if you already have the geoid file in the /Metashape Pro/geoids/ folder, then there's no need to register the geoid again. This method "addGeoid" is mostly used for the stand-alone module to define the paths to the geoids to be used - it wouldn't modify the existing system.

If you want to use the system with the height above the geoid, you should either define the coordinate system by existing EPSG code, or provide WKT definition of the system.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC