Forum

Author Topic: Camera Export in BINGO is locked to local coordinates  (Read 2348 times)

photoman

• View Profile
Camera Export in BINGO is locked to local coordinates
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:11:44 PM »
Hi,

I have made my first projects in both geographic (GCS) and projected (UTM) coordinates. I want to export my solution to BINGO and work with it further there.

However, I am locked to exporting in local coordinates, the box is greyed out, see posted image. Also, I have used the correct coordinate systems in the Reference Settings.

How can I export to BINGO in other coordinate systems?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:13:30 PM by photoman »

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Re: Camera Export in BINGO is locked to local coordinates
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
Photoman,

I've not had occasion to try export in BINGO format, but I do know that if a project isn't properly geo-referenced throughout, then certain exports are limited to local / un-calibrated units.

Dave

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »
Hello photoman,

Actually, as far as I am aware, BINGO requires Cartesian  (Euclidean), right handed system. Geographic systems are not Cartesian, since they include curvature of the Earth.

If my information is outdated, can you please provide a reference to the manual or an article that states that BINGO support geographic coordinates of input. Also have you got any recent experience working with geographic/projected coordinates in BINGO?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

photoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:46:21 AM »
Photoman,

I've not had occasion to try export in BINGO format, but I do know that if a project isn't properly geo-referenced throughout, then certain exports are limited to local / un-calibrated units.

Dave

Yes, I tried to create new projects both in GCS and UTM. And then prepare and import reference data in both coordinate systems. For the UTM project the Reference Settings were also set to UTM, see attached.

I am still locked to local coordinates for BINGO, and e.g. ORIMA.

Export to Bundler and Omega Phi Kappa seems to work OK.

photoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 01:48:45 AM »
Hello photoman,

Actually, as far as I am aware, BINGO requires Cartesian  (Euclidean), right handed system. Geographic systems are not Cartesian, since they include curvature of the Earth.

If my information is outdated, can you please provide a reference to the manual or an article that states that BINGO support geographic coordinates of input. Also have you got any recent experience working with geographic/projected coordinates in BINGO?

Actually it is ages ago I used BINGO, so you are probably right about GCS wouldn't work. I would be happy to use UTM coordinates for BINGO, but the problem is that I cannot export anything else than local coordinates for BINGO.

LiDARMapping

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 11:56:24 PM »
Hallo,

Did this issue ever get solved?