Forum

Author Topic: Apply masks to tie points not working  (Read 1619 times)

eca4cfc

• View Profile
Apply masks to tie points not working
« on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:27 PM »
Hello,

I have been attempting to use the apply masks to tie points feature on a few objects over the past few days and I have been getting mixed results. Two of the objects aligned correctly, but several other objects, including the banana dataset from Agisoft, have not worked. When they don't work not all of the photos align and the background is also showing up in the sparse cloud once the photos are aligned. I have tried both repairing the installer and reinstalling metashape, but neither of these have fixed the issue for the ones that are not working.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Erik

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Apply masks to tie points not working
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:03:31 PM »
Hello Erik,

The issue could be related to the Generic preselection method reported on forum a few days ago for 1.5.0 version.

Can you try to re-align the dataset using the same parameters, but with Generic preselection option disabled?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

eca4cfc

• View Profile
Re: Apply masks to tie points not working
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
Hello,

I just attempted the photo set again with both the generic preselection method selected and unselected. With generic preselection disabled 41 of the 46 photos could be aligned; however, the photos of the bottom of the object either did not align properly or could not be aligned at all. The background was also still visible within the sparse cloud. The number of cameras and points is slightly higher with the method disabled, but it is still not correctly aligning.

I also tried with the banana dataset with generic preselection disabled and the photos all aligned properly.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong with the align photos process? I've linked the photo set below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14XH_rDuHLt250yu5dZpRYfTqQQfj-apw