Forum

Author Topic: Is there a way to reduce the arduous menu navigation?  (Read 1498 times)

JasonR

• View Profile
Is there a way to reduce the arduous menu navigation?
« on: January 25, 2019, 10:45:49 PM »
Is there a way to pin a menu, add shortcuts, assign keystrokes, or anything else to reduce the constant menu navigation to the useful tools? I'm attempting to classify a point cloud and, if you've ever done this, it's a constant trial and error process.

This involves constantly going to:
    Tools->Dense Cloud->Classify Ground Points->[change parameters]->OK then Tools->Dense Cloud->Reset Classification... repeat until results are acceptable.

Having a button on the menu, or even better, an Apply option on the tool would be a much better solution. The same goes for "Select Points by Color" and "Filter Points by Class". It's a constant exercise in menu navigation and it's becoming tedious.

Is there a better way to do this, or is a Feature Request?

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to reduce the arduous menu navigation?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »
Hello JasonR,

Via General preferences tab you can assign the keyboard shortcuts to the main menu elements.

Custom scenarios of multiple actions can be automated using Python scripts (and some new options can be added to the main menu).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JasonR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »
Thanks, this should help quite a bit!

Hucklebrau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:38:10 AM »
I haven't been able to change anything in the keyboard shortcuts.
Do you have any instructions for how to do this?
I've attached a mock menu that would be amazing for editing/classifying point cloud data.