Forum

Author Topic: Metashape Tiled Model  (Read 13139 times)

GrinGEO

• View Profile
Metashape Tiled Model
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:07:41 PM »
I hve upgraded to Metashape and due to the fact that standard 3D models often crash while building im doing tiled models, wich are pretty fast in view mode so I really love them.

But compared to standard Mesh Model in tiled model there is no way to delete some parts of the models, for example if you see that a part in the border has not been created well it's better to delete it instead of sending it to the client. So you can't do a free form select in tiled models.

Also I would like to know if there is a really good way to share Tiled models, becouse I think they ar much better for client view as uploading to sketchfab a reduced model. The tiled model has a really good ground resolution. I downloaded Sputnik, but since there is no demo it's not possible to test how we could deal with it.

Is there any other option to upload tiled models & view them in in a webgl app?

Thanks a lot

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Metashape Tiled Model
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 06:04:16 PM »
Hello GrinGEO,

You can draw a polygonal shape over the tiled model, set it's type to Outer boundary and during the export this shape will be applied during the export automatically to remove the parts of the tiled model that are outside the bounds.

Tiled model can be uploaded to 4DMapper, Melown Cloud and Sputnik directly from Metashape Pro. I think you can contact them for the trial version to check the applicability to your needs. At the moment we are not planning to develop our own web-platform for the 3D content visualization.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »
That sounds very good with outher border. I guess it needs a DEM first? Becouse I can't draw any shapes at moment... or is it a metashape Bug?

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:21:49 PM »
ok found... on DEM you can set the shape where you like, on tiled model it needs to be on one poligon to draw it. Unfortunately, you need to change to DEM mode to set boundary type to outer border. maybe this could be improved....

sash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »
Hi, could you please help me find "Set Boundary Type" feature in the Tiled Model mode - no such option for polygon shape, see photos. It is, however, in place for Ortho mode and exports well there.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 06:15:50 PM »
Hello sash,

Currently the shape boundary type can be switched only via Ortho view mode. So you need to switch to Ortho tab, select the shape there any then access the context menu by right-clicking in the Ortho tab contents.

Boundary will be applied even for 3D output, if you enable "clip to boundary shapes" option on export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC