Forum

Author Topic: I had a tutorial idea I wanted to run by you guys!!  (Read 1395 times)

mickeyjaan

I had a tutorial idea I wanted to run by you guys!!
« on: February 01, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
When I first was learning Python I was always stuck in that web of “endless tutorials”

I never felt confident enough or equipped enough to figure out how to start making my own projects. And I just bounced around from tutorial to article to YouTube video to tutorial again.

Eventually, I did get some good advice to just “start coding” and I just powered through learning git and what IDE to get and text editor to use and just thought of some meaningful projects I could just power through on.

My learning accelerated 100x after that and I’ve gotten successful enough at it I’ve built lots of scripts for my work to automate or improve some tedious tasks.

I even taught one of our new hires python and he’s become a pretty competent coder. He just finished his first project for my work.

I thought maybe I could post some walkthrough videos that really focus on getting people started on writing their first projects. People like me who want to code but just get stuck and hung up somewhere in the learning process. That awkward stage from learning the fundamentals and actually applying them...

Do you guys think that sounds promising and useful?

Rexion

• View Profile
Re: I had a tutorial idea I wanted to run by you guys!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
Sounds like an awesome idea to help the community!