Forum

Author Topic: Poor Dense Cloud Generation - Metashape Pro 1.5.1  (Read 8452 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Dense Cloud Generation - Metashape Pro 1.5.1
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »
Hello dronesurveycontsultancy,

Please check, if you are observing such issues in the version 1.5.2. If so, then please specify, whether "dense_cloud_max_neighbors" tweak is used?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GH3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 11:55:14 PM »
I found that it was the max neighbours tweak that was causing the issues as when this was disabled the problem disappeared, however processing time increased significantly, especially for areas with a high number of overlapping images. Not yet tried 1.5.2 but it might be worth looking through your images and trying to thin them out a bit wherever possible, then it’s a case of finding the optimum max neighbour figure to give you the best results for quality vs processing time.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »
Hello GH3D,

If you have the depth maps stored in the project, you can re-use them and experiment with the max_neighbors parameter just re-using the depth. For example, setting the parameter value to 100 and check if it given you acceptable result.

In case you are mostly interested in mesh, rather than dense cloud, you can try mesh generation from the depth maps directly, skipping the dense cloud stage.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »
Alexey,

Please check out the screenshots I added to my recent support ticket. Depth maps based mesh generation is broken/worst in 15.2 compared to 15.1.

Regards

Mak

dronesurveyconsultancy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 02:18:08 PM »
Is there any new news or setting to aply on this topic, i have a big project, processed in 1.5.5 and have still the same problems.
Attached a screenshot, i spended already several hours cleaning. No tweaks are being used.

Greetings

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »
Hello

I had the same problems and was amazed at the poor quality of the point cloud in the latest version. Starting with one of the last versions, the dense_cloud_max_neighbors parameter was set to 100 by default.

Experience has shown that this value was too low for me. Especially with objects that were photographed against the sky, extreme deviations formed.

I set this value to -1 and the calculation time was much longer. Now the point clouds are in the quality of the past again.

I hope I could help.

Greeting
Dieter