Forum

Author Topic: Questions Metashape 1.51  (Read 1879 times)

Dieter

• View Profile
Questions Metashape 1.51
« on: February 06, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
Hello,

First of all thank you for the new version 1.51. The results of the new meshing method are ingenious. Likewise, the calculation time has decreased enormously.

I have a few Questions About the new Versions:

- I still have problems performing a meshing of laser scanning clouds. I have described these issues in the thread pre-release. Is there any evidence?

- From Metashape, it is no longer possible for me to display tiled models in the viewer. Is there any evidence?

- Is it correct that a complete calculation is started again for the point cloud generation, or can the generation of the point cloud be somehow shortened after the mesh has been build?

- Is it possible to create the point cloud from the finished mesh? It would suffice me for the accuracy, if I Could lay 5000000 points on the surface.

Thanks for the answers
Dieter

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Metashape 1.51
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:49:19 PM »
Hello Dieter,

1) What is the problem with meshing of the external dense clouds? If all you have is the dense cloud, then just use Import Points, then Reset Region, then Build Mesh with disabled or extrapolated option.

2) Have just checke the TLS export to version 1.5.1 Viewer and it has been properly displayed, which issues you are observing?

3) If you are speaking about the dense cloud generation, then you can re-use the depth maps created during the new meshing option, providing that the depth maps have been stored in the project (Keep Depth Maps option has been enabled in the Advanced preferences tab).

4) Currently it is not possible. As a workaround, however, you can try to export the mesh in OBJ format, for example, and remove the polygons from the file, keeping only vertices that will be then treated as points of the point cloud.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
Hallo and thank you for the answer.

1) It was probably a problem in one of the previous versions, I can not trace it anymore. In the latest version it works flawlessly. Sorry for the effort.

2) Sometimes it works, sometimes not, I'll pick an example for you.  I still have to find out when it works and when not.

3) Can i reuse the depht Maps from meshing for the Pointcloud or must i calculate them first and then reuse the depht maps for the mesh?

4) This possibility would be very effective for our way of working ....

Thank you
Dieter

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »
Hello Dieter,

If you are observing TLS display issues again, please specify the coordinate system used for the referencing in the related project and, if possible, provide an example of the tiled model. Note that shapes set as boundaries are applied to the tiled model export, so you can reduce the area of export for the sample model.

Both dense cloud and mesh from the depth maps operations will generate the depth maps. Note that meshing method currently supports only Mild filtering option, but if the dense cloud have been generated using this option, the depth maps can be re-used for mesh. It doesn't matter, what you generate first.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 02:29:20 PM »
I have found an example, it is the same Project, one is shown in the Viewer, one is not shown.

It depends on the number of Levels, i think. The one with 3 Levels is shown, the one with 1 Level is not shown.

I Export both models the same way out of Metashape.

Here you can download them:

1 Level:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyn6wmuw81esy8w/Objekt%201_Ebene.tls?dl=0

3 Level:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckaqtflp4e69cf9/Objekt%203_Ebenen.tls?dl=0

Dieter

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 04:03:56 PM »
Hello Dieter,

OK, we'll check that.

However, actually it seems to be only one-block model, if converted to Zip archive. So in this "tiled" model there are no multiple tiles and no multiple levels.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC