Forum

Author Topic: Exporting Contours (Seamlines) from side-views (not top-down)  (Read 680 times)

NilsS

• View Profile
Exporting Contours (Seamlines) from side-views (not top-down)
« on: December 09, 2022, 02:55:30 PM »
As a short explanation: I am working on several walls and have their 3D models with accurate GPS-data and everything aligned and working well. Now I would greatly benefit from generating seamlines of single parts those walls surfaces (facades) from the Orthomosaics/DEMs. What I did was to generate DEMs from the viewpoints I wanted and then from that I am generating contours.
Those viewpoints are all from the sides of the Walls, facing their facades. Not from the Top (The top ones (nadir) are separate and all working perfectly fine, my problems must have something to do with the side-views of the facades)

Now three things I don’t understand:
1.   (and most important) When exporting the shapes (Contours) into any other format (shapefiles or dxf), the view on those countours seems to shift (along the x-y-axis I think) and is unreadable.
2.   The contours are visible on all orthomosaics/DEMs and not just on the one I generated them on. Which leads to wrong contours on the other mosaics in the same chunk.
3.   While the whole project has always been in a specific EPSG (5253, which is what we use on our GCPs in that region), the orthomosaics and DEMs from the side-views of my walls are shown in a different coordinate system (EPSG 5250) and I have no idea why. (This last point doesn’t bother me too much though, since the exports are aligning just fine in QGIS)

Any Ideas on what is going on or how I can fix my issues?
I’ll attach some photos from Metashape and QGIS for better understanding.
If you need anything else, please let me know.

I hope anyone has some ideas on what I could try.

Kindest regards,
Nils