Forum

Author Topic: Import of pointcloud data  (Read 3740 times)

jim.main@caintechltd.com

• View Profile
Import of pointcloud data
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:20:50 AM »
Is it possible to import a point cloud taken from a laser scanner?

We have a number of bridge structures to model. Due to the nature of the structures, we can scan around 70% of them and intend on bulking this data using the Falcon. This has been demonstrated to us with Contextcapture but want to know if we can do it using our licenses we already have with you before I spend a fortune buying other software.
From what I can gather from the contextcapture workflow, it would be like importing the point cloud prior to the initial alignment.

Thanks

glagbo

• View Profile
Point Cloud Into Agisoft Photoscan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:49:30 PM »
I have an rcp point cloud generated from a Z&F laser scanner and want to find out if is possible to import it into agisoft photoscan and go ahead to build a mesh and a textured model.
Suggestions are welcome.

Majaa

• View Profile
Re: Point Cloud Into Agisoft Photoscan
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »
I am also interested  ;D

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import of pointcloud data
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 07:05:54 PM »
Hello all,

The point cloud can be imported to Metashape via File Menu -> Import -> Import Points command.

If you want to merge the imported data with the cloud generated from the images in Metashape, then it's recommend to import the point cloud to already processed chunk without replacing the photogrammetric cloud. Then select both dense clouds in the Workspace pane and select Merge command from the context menu.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC