Forum

Author Topic: Network processing Client crashes "not registered"  (Read 1668 times)

T.Kahlert

• View Profile
Network processing Client crashes "not registered"
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a test network to evaluate how Agisoft's network processing works. I am running two nodes 1. MacPro (Pro academic license) and 2. Alienware Aurora (academic Pro license). Server is an iMac with running in unlicensed demo mode. Client is a MacBook Pro (trial Pro license). They are currently running off a WIFI network hosted by the MacPro. All machines are running the lates version of Metashape (1.5.1).

My problem is that as soon as I start up Metshape as a Client, it hangs and the server tells me that the Client has been disconnect because it is not registered. Thinking that it might be the trial license that is at fault, I swapped the roles of MacPro and MacBook. Now the MacBook runs fine as a node (server accepts registration) and the MacPro as a client hangs and server claims that the client is not registered. The machines actually do not crash but grind to almost a halt because they are constantly trying to connect to the server. Clearly, there must be something wrong with my setup.

I am confident that communication between the individual machines is establishes, I can see them showing up in the network monitor. 'root' is set to a directory on the iMac and is accessible by all nodes and clients with read and write permissions. The only variable I have defined on the server is the root.

I am at a loss here..

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Network processing Client crashes "not registered"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »
Hello T.Kahlert,

There might be some confusion in the ports numbers, if you are manually defining them.

Can you provide the starting lines for nodes and server (IP and root paths may be altered in case of sensible information), the screenshot of the Network preferences values for the client (port number is of interest) and the port that you are using to connect the Network Monitor with the Server?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

T.Kahlert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:59:03 PM »
Hello T.Kahlert,

There might be some confusion in the ports numbers, if you are manually defining them.

Can you provide the starting lines for nodes and server (IP and root paths may be altered in case of sensible information), the screenshot of the Network preferences values for the client (port number is of interest) and the port that you are using to connect the Network Monitor with the Server?

I use the following command to start the nodes: </Applications/MetashapePro.app/Contents/MacOS/MetashapePro --node --capability{gpu} --dispatch 192.168.2.2> for the MacPro and <metshape --node --dispatch 192.168.2.2 --capability{gpu}> for the Aurora

The server is configured as </Applications/PhotoScanPro.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoScanPro --server --control 192.168.2.2:5840 --dispatch 192.168.2.2:5841 --root /Macintosh_HD/MetashapeServer>

The client is configured: Host Name: 192.168.2.2 Port: 5841 Root: /Volumes/Thorsten-1/MetashapeServer all fine-love task distribution options are ticked

T.Kahlert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 05:00:49 PM »
Hello T.Kahlert,

I use the following command to start the nodes: </Applications/MetashapePro.app/Contents/MacOS/MetashapePro --node --capability{gpu} --dispatch 192.168.2.2> for the MacPro and <metshape --node --dispatch 192.168.2.2 --capability{gpu}> for the Aurora

The server is configured as </Applications/PhotoScanPro.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoScanPro --server --control 192.168.2.2:5840 --dispatch 192.168.2.2:5841 --root /Macintosh_HD/MetashapeServer>

The client is configured: Host Name: 192.168.2.2 Port: 5841 Root: /Volumes/Thorsten-1/MetashapeServer all fine-love task distribution options are ticked

OK, writing it all out solved it. Port on the client is should be 5840. It's working now..

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:28:20 PM »
Hello T.Kahlert,

OK, glad that the issue is resolved now.

Dispatch port is used for the nodes communication with the server, by this port the server assigns the tasks. While Control port is used for Client to submit the tasks to the server and for Monitor to track the activity.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC