Forum

Author Topic: cannot import imags position reference data into project  (Read 3212 times)

ufocanada

• View Profile
cannot import imags position reference data into project
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:25:03 PM »
I have a separate  file in the format " Image name,,X,Y,Z,Kappa,Phi,Omega, when i import it, it always pop out a error " can't find match for 'image name' entry, create new marker? if I answer "Yes to All' it will create marks, but I want to import it into camera. it is a bug or I did something wrong?

emil_alex

• View Profile
Modify camera coordinates
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:30 PM »
Hello! I am trying to update the coordinates of the cameras with ones resulted from GNSS measurements, and transformed to the local coordinate system (if i use the transformation provided by the software, i have an error of 1.8m).
For example, in the picture below, the cameras should have the coordinates of the markers. I tried to import those coordinates for the cameras, but it only allows me to create new markers, even though the names are identical.
Is there a way to update the camera coordinates with the values provided by a file?

Thank you!

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Modify camera coordinates
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:04:16 AM »
hI,

I think that your camera CSV coordinate file should have each camera IDed with its extension (.jpg or .tif) so it corresponds to the project imported images….
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:19:36 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Re: cannot import imags position reference data into project
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »
UFOCanada,

Can you show a screenshot of the CSV and a screenshot of the folder with the images (with file extensions visible) ?

Dave

emil_alex

• View Profile
Re: cannot import imags position reference data into project
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 02:36:10 PM »
I added the extensions to the names of the cameras in the .txt file, and it all worked out very well.
Thank you for the response