Forum

Author Topic: PIXHAWK log file import functionality > adding a time shift to georeferencing  (Read 2823 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Dear Agisoft team,

I was very pleased to see, that you implemented an PIXHAWK log file Import functionality, which is just amazing.

However, there is missing on feature, which is utmost important, when working with these log data.

As in general the open source systems built with the PIXHAWK hardware employ end user cameras, which have a latency in acquiring photos with respect to the command delivered by the navigation system, there is always a time shift (and with that spacial shift) between the logged data and the real position of the photo at the time it was taken.

The solution is quite simple: when georeferencing the photos, a timeshift value can be added to the procedure.

Could you implement this in your software?  I.e., when referencing photos based on the PIXHAWK log file, just ask for a timeshift value in milliseconds, that should do the trick.

Is that possible?

I have been talking with some users of both PIXHAWK based drones and PhotoScan and they all are not using the import as the shift feature is missing.

I WOULD BE VEEERYY HAPPY TO SEE THIS IMPLEMENTED in one of the next versions.

Best regards
PAtrick

Patribus

• View Profile
Dear Agisoft team, did you have the opportunity to review the possibility of implementing this functionality into one of your next releases?

Cheers
Patrick

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Patrick,

We have read this thread and added it to feature requests list, however, some time is required for consideration and estimation the efforts required and possible implementation timeframe.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Patribus

• View Profile
Thank you Alexey for the quick feedback.

I hope you include it soon.

Cheers

adalta

• View Profile
Has this been implemented into any new version of metashape.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello adalta,

It hasn't been yet implemented.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Shutter lag option has been added to Pixhawk log file import in the version 1.5.2. Let me know, if it is working as expected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC