Forum

Author Topic: Texture generation stuck at 49%  (Read 3362 times)

ThomasVD

• View Profile
Texture generation stuck at 49%
« on: February 18, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've encountered an issue I've never had before; my texture generation is stuck at 49% (parameterizing texture atlas).

I thought it might be an issue with the mesh geometry, so I tried first decimating the mesh to 1M polygons in ZBrush, that didn't help. Then I tried "repairing" the reduced mesh in ZBrush, Meshlab, MeshMixer, Rhino, 3D Builder and ReMESH but no matter which software I run "fix mesh" through, the mesh I import back into Metashape won't get past 49% texturing.

Any ideas?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Texture generation stuck at 49%
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 07:36:32 PM »
Hello Thomas,

Is it possible to send the decimated model (just exported OBJ) to support@agisoft.com, so that we could try to reproduce the long texture parametrization time?

It may be related to many small details or very noisy surface in certain areas, in such case the atlas will contain thousands of tiny charts.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ThomasVD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the reply - that was probably it. I decided to leave texturing running overnight ("just to be sure") and after 5 hours the UV mapping apparently completed :) (followed by just half an hour of blending time)!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
Hello Thomas,

You can check the texture atlas charts in View UVs dialog it order to make sure that there are not very small, otherwise the texture may look pixelated.

To reduce the noise on the surface you can use Smooth Mesh command before texturing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ThomasVD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »
Hey Alexey,

Yeah the UV map is super fragmented (see attachment) but texture looks alright for our purposes :)

Thanks again!