Forum

Author Topic: Sequoia images align, but ortho incomplete  (Read 2145 times)

janberto

• View Profile
Sequoia images align, but ortho incomplete
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
Hi!

I have been stitching Sequoia with Photoscan. It asks me whether I want to combine the bands to which I say 'yes'. I use a regular workflow and all the images seem to align. The DEM looks fine, everything looks fine. But when I export to an orthomosaic, a large chunk of the ortho is empty (see attachment). I also added an image showing what the complete coverage is supposed to be (based on stitching without combining the bands).

I saw this behaviour on both Agisoft 1.3 and 1.4 for this specific dataset. Other datasets do not have this issue. Does anyone know what is happening?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:35:22 PM by janberto »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Sequoia images align, but ortho incomplete
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
Hello janberto,

Do you mean that you merge chunks and then generate the orthomosaic in the merged one?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

janberto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »
Yes indeed. Whenever you import Sequoia images it asks whether you want to merge them (decreasing the amount by a factor 4). So this is what I do and just process in a standard way afterwards.

janberto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:16:10 PM »
Ok, I narrowed it down and I think I know which direction to search. I stumbled on another problem which is sort of unrelated. So it's best to open a new thread I think.

I'm sorry for the unnecessary question. Can I close this thread?