Forum

Author Topic: Possible to segment/classify texture and bring it back on the mesh?  (Read 4727 times)

an198317

• View Profile
I am wondering is there any function in PhotoScan Pro that I can segment/classify the texture and bring it back to Photoscan Pro and lay the segmented texture on the 3D mesh?

Basically, we used the images to build a 3D model, and then we want to segment/classify the images (texture) to get rid of everything except plants. Then we want to see the segmented plants on the 3D mesh.

Thanks a bunch for any input!
Nan

RalfH

• View Profile
Re: Possible to segment/classify texture and bring it back on the mesh?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
I don't see a problem doing this with orthophotos (export texture, modify it, import the modified texture), but I'm not sure whether this would work in the case of complicated texture maps. On the other hand, you know where your soil is beneth the plants, so you could simply delete that from the model, couldn't you?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:13:26 PM by RalfH »

an198317

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:49 AM »
Thanks RalfH for your quick response.

I had tried what you said in your post: export the texture as a orthophoto, did image segmentation for the orthophoto for plants, and then use function under Tools->Import->Import Texture. But the Photoscan Pro can lay the segmented orthophoto correctly on the top of the mesh.

That's why I posted the question because I don't know if I can use the "Import Texture" for this work.

I don't think I followed your last sentence though: how to "delete" the soil around the plant from the model?

Thanks!

RalfH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »
I meant that you can delete those parts of the model that are not plants. You could do that manually. Alternatively, if you have a 3D model of your bare ground surface without plants and have a 3D model with the plants, you can delete all those vertices from the model for which you know that they are ground surface. Should be relatively easy to implement for xyz point clouds if there are no suitabel tools yet.