Forum

Author Topic: DENSE CLOUD FAILS - NULL IMAGE  (Read 3861 times)

cseaton79

• View Profile
DENSE CLOUD FAILS - NULL IMAGE
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
Metashape 1.5.1

Processing 345 images from UAV of an object, free flight, multiple heights/angles.

Dense Cloud fails with Null Image message on High quality, Moderate filtering, but does not fail on Low/Mild. Fails when filtering depth maps is showing during processing, usually around 50-70%.

Camera: DJI X7 w/ 24mm lens
Photo Alignment: High quality - 50,000 key/ 5,000 tie point limit - Generic & Reference selected - All photos aligned

Trying High/Mild on Dense Cloud now to see if same error occurs.  Will try on another PC when it becomes available.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DENSE CLOUD FAILS - NULL IMAGE
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »
Hello cseaton79,

Please send the processing log that includes the error message and also the screenshot of the Build Dense Cloud dialog with the settings used.

Additionally please specify the source image format used and whether loading photos operation could have accidentally create a multi-frame chunk?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cseaton79

• View Profile
Re: DENSE CLOUD FAILS - NULL IMAGE
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:43:27 PM »
Alexey,

I restarted the whole project myself and did not get any errors in the dense cloud. We were testing various alignment methods with and without camera optimization and I believe we may have inadvertently edited the sparse cloud.  I'm not completely sure as another person worked on this project. I will see if I can recreate the error by myself when I have that PC free again.

Thank You