Forum

Author Topic: Export Tiled Model slpk format Local coordinate  (Read 4402 times)

gverlin01

• View Profile
Export Tiled Model slpk format Local coordinate
« on: March 12, 2019, 02:10:17 PM »
Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to export a 3D Tiled model in the splk  (Scene Layer Package) format with coordinate system set as "Local coordinates" in the reference settings.
Whenever I try to do this, I get the error message : "Unsupported datum transformation"
I have only my 3D model in my chunk and the strange thing is that the export process works with the other Tiled model format (.osgb, .tls) except for .slpk
As I want to open my model in ArcGIS Pro, in need the Tiled Model to have the extent .splk

If you have any clue on this problem, I would be happy to hear about it !

Thank you !

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export Tiled Model slpk format Local coordinate
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:31:50 PM »
Hello gverlin01,

Do you have any successful experience working with SLPK projects that are not georeferenced?

Currently Metashape is exporting SLPK in WGS84+EGM96 hieght coordinate system, so if you switch the chunk coordinate system to Local Coordinate, there's no transformation available to perform the export in geographic coordinates.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gverlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »
Hello Alexey,

You're right, I don't have and that's my problem ! I think I must return the question to Esri because I don't understand why they doesn't allow .slpk to not be georeferenced. I would like my .slpk to work like .tiff and have an "Unknow" coordinate system when they are not georeferenced. I think the problem is in the definition of the .slpk format.

As I'm here, I was wondering if there is a way to export 3D tiled model in .slpk with a vertical shift ?

Thank you for your answer, have a nice day !

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 06:08:26 PM »
Hello gverlin01,

If there's a confirmation from ESRI that SLPK format supports coordinate systems other from WGS84 and can work with Local Coordinates, please let us know.

The vertical shift for the tiled models can be achieved by altering the altitude information for all the reference points used in the chunk by the same value prior to the model export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gverlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 01:45:27 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Here is the question I asked to Esri with their answer : https://community.esri.com/thread/230296-change-coordinate-systems-slpk

Thank you again for your answer

Best regards

gverlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 07:33:39 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Today I tried ContextCapture and it has the possibility to create SLPK model with other coordinate systems than WGS84 + EGM2008.

So it's definitively possible to create SLPK model with other coordinate system.

You can see the properties of my 3d SLPK model in Arcgis Pro in the capture attached. It has  RGF1993 as GCS.

Once the coordinate system is set, it's impossible to change it as you can see in the answer Esri gave me in my previous answer.

Hope this will help you and maybe we will have an update in Photoscan one day in order to do so.

Best regards,

Gauthier

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 09:25:58 PM »
Hello Gauthier,

Thank you for additional information. We'll try to investigate, how soon we could implement the selection of geographic coordinate systems for the SLPK format export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

gverlin01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I was wondering if you know or can estimate how soon this implementation will be up.

I am actually doing my final internship from my engeenering school and I want to know if I will be able to try this by the time of internship end.

Thank you

Gauthier

Phogi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 03:10:37 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Is the SLPK file projection fixed? I tried an export it showed me EGM2008 in v1.5.2 build 7838.

Best,
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:20:22 AM by Phogi »