Forum

Author Topic: Alignment of cameras with reference data from csv file  (Read 5765 times)

jk_jacki

• View Profile
Alignment of cameras with reference data from csv file
« on: January 31, 2022, 01:35:27 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm very new to Metashape and I have a set of around 2000 360° images and a log file containing the position and orientation of the cameras.
I've converted the log file into csv to import it as reference in Metashape. I was able to import the positions as Markers but somehow I'm not able to connect the Markers with the corresponding cameras so I can align them at their correct positions, although they have the same names.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it since I've been stuck on this for a while now.

Cheers

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Alignment of cameras with reference data from csv file
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:46:49 PM »
Hello,

please check that each camera id in your csv file corresponds exactly to each camera name (including extension). For example having an image named IMG_0001.jpg then camera id should be same and not IMG_0001...

Maybe that could be the probem,
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

jenkinsm

• View Profile
Re: Alignment of cameras with reference data from csv file
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 06:33:43 AM »
You've got it mixed up. You want to apply the GPS data to the images, not markers. The filenames of each image need to be in the CSV corresponding to their locations. This should not create any markers if done properly.