Forum

Author Topic: support for frame imagery  (Read 4528 times)

rival29

• View Profile
support for frame imagery
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »
Is there any chance we could get support for interior/exterior camera orientations such as fiducial alignment marks? I use socet set/gxp to process these types of older aerial imagery, though its a rigorous process that involves mandatory camera calibration reports which arn't necessarily always available. I have a few sets of extremely high resolution scans of frame imagery from the 50s-80s that is missing calibration reports. I know the film dimensions but not the cam cal info which is why it would be nice to use photoscan being that it can approximate this info.

RalfH

• View Profile
Re: support for frame imagery
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:54:59 PM »
Basically, this boils down to being able to import partial camera calibration information (in this case, information on the principal point), which I think would be a nice feature. At the moment, it is possible to use (import) known camera calibration parameters only if all parameters are know. Being able to import all known parameters and let PhotoScan deal with all missing parameters would be good.

Diego

• View Profile
Re: support for frame imagery
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
I use socet set/gxp to process.

And then what is the problem with SOCET can do without problems  ::)

Is easy, and only takes photocontrol resection process. With this process, calculate focal length, principal point and distortion. no problem.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:42:03 PM by diegotorres »