Forum

Author Topic: MetaShape for determining spatial data  (Read 1855 times)

Kadhim

• View Profile
MetaShape for determining spatial data
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:07 PM »
Hi there,
I read the Photoscan instructions in the manual, according to that I have the following question:
Could you please explain to me how to determine markers' coordinates (x, y, z) (20 markers) in Metashape? / is it possible to do it in Agisoft Metashape?

What I have done so far:

• loading photos into Agisoft Metashape
• removing unnecessary images;
• aligning photos;
• building dense point cloud; created 20 Markers
• building mesh
• generating texture;
• building tiled model;
• building orthomosaic
Then, I added the unknown points to the software, it appears in the tool bar, but not in the model (nor on the markers)

* I have 3 known point (were measured by Total Stations only).
* I used Solo 3DR Drone
* I do Not have Camera Position (GPS was not built with the drone I used)

The issue here is when I  imported the coordinates, the programme (MetaShape) can not find match for points entry. I tried: WGS84 coordinates system; local coordinates system; OSGB36, and no one of theses coordinates works to match the points.

*When I zoom out, I can see my imported data, as shown in the attachments
* The data was measured by GPS
* I have another data for the same area was measured by Total Stations (I tried with both of them), but nothing work,
* The marker I created in the model are placed at the same positions of the imported coordinates (x,y,z).

Any help to solve this issue please?
Million thanks in advance,

Kadhim

• View Profile
Re: MetaShape for determining spatial data
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 08:05:32 PM »
With regards to the question below,

- If MetaShape cannot determine spatial data, do you know any other software can be used for obtaining the coordinate of the created markers?
-  Why when I imported (GCPs), the programme (MetaShape) could not match the imported points with the model?  I tried: WGS84 coordinates system; local coordinates system; OSGB36, and no one of theses coordinates works to match the points.

This is my first time using this software, please assist,

Thanks

JMR

• View Profile
Re: MetaShape for determining spatial data
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »
Hi there,
I read the Photoscan instructions in the manual, according to that I have the following question:
Could you please explain to me how to determine markers' coordinates (x, y, z) (20 markers) in Metashape? / is it possible to do it in Agisoft Metashape?

What I have done so far:

• loading photos into Agisoft Metashape
• removing unnecessary images;
• aligning photos;
after alignment
  • Import your ground control coordinates by ref pane import button, choose the right coordinate system according your survey data
  • Open a photo where a known point is to be found and zoom in to that point, then right click on the very point and use Place point command, choose from the list the one that is supposed to correspond
  • place the same point at least in three photos and do the same with all of your control points
  • update project by the update button in the ref pane toolbar. keep adding points instances and finally optimize